Individual one-on-one Therapy
Individual, one-on-one, therapy gives you the benefit of having your sessions tailored to meet your specific needs and areas of concern. I approach therapy with a solution focused framework and practice cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) with the understanding that you are the expert in your life. Benefits of this approach include:
- Sessions focus on using your strengths and resources to help you make desired changes in your life.
- Teaches you useful tools to cope with stressors and feel relief sooner.
- Emphasis on changing behavior to help you cope with anxiety, depression, life transitions, relationships, and more.
Enhancing Women's Mental Health
As women, we struggle with our own unique set of challenges not always understood by others. Psychotherapy for Women believes having a woman therapist who understands you is essential to helping cope with these stressors. Enhancing women’s mental health can look like:
- Learning to navigate life with anxiety and depression.
- Coping with life stressors, challenging transitions, and loss.
- Setting healthy boundaries in relationships to protect personal health and happiness.
- Taking more time for self-care, hobbies, and personal growth.
- Improving your ability to communicate your needs with others.
- Examining and changing your relationship with alcohol and drug use.
Perinatal and Postpartum Support
Navigating pregnancy, infertility, infant loss, and postpartum life can feel isolating. These unique challenges only faced by women can create changes in physical, mental, and emotional health. Symptoms that indicate you could benefit from support during this time often look like:
- Increased nervousness, feeling anxious, being unable to control thoughts of worry, and difficulty concentrating.
- Changes in sleeping habits, appetite, and mood.
- Feeling down, depressed, hopeless, and/or more tearful (crying) than usual.
- Trouble managing and coping with the transition, causing difficulty engaging in day-to-day tasks.
Professional Consultation and Services
As a licensed therapist and board approved supervisor, Psychotherapy for Women, LLC also provides support specifically for professionals and human service agencies. We strive to improve the delivery of mental health services, therapist skill sets, and client outcomes. As an important part of the movement to support a happier and healthier world for women, Psychotherapy for Women, LLC offers supportive services, professional consultation and assessments, and community partnership opportunities to improve the lives of women and their families.
Professional Services Include:
- Supervision and Case Consultation for Licensed Providers
- Clinical Licensure Supervision for Candidates Pursuing an LCSW in Virginia
- Speaking Events and Education Opportunities
- Professional Development
- Partnerships with Health and Human Service Agencies
For more information on professional services and consultation, please reach out to discuss how we can best collaborate!
Additional Services We Provide
– Individual One-On-One Support
– Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
– Online/Telehealth Therapy
– Women’s Mental Health
– Perinatal and Postpartum Health
– Miscarriage and Infant Loss Grief Support
– Low Self-Esteem and Self-Confidence
– Substance Use
– Parenting Stress
– Improving Communication
– Setting Healthy Boundaries
– Improving Concentration
– Relationship Problems
– Time Management
– Holistic Health
If I have not answered your question please do not hesitate to reach out to me. I understand that Therapy is a big step and I will do everything I can to make this as seamless as possible.